- 300 grams of Gigantes-Elefantes Prespes beans
- 500 grams of onions for stew
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 5-6 grains of allspice
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- Soak the giant beans from the day before.
- Drain and cook in 1 litre of water without salt for 1 hour or till the are soft.
- Peel the onions and sauté them in¼ cup of olive oil.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, the tomato paste dissolved in 1 cup of water, the bay leaves, the all spice, the sugar, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and some salt.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the Gigantes beans, continue cooking for another 15 minutes, mix in the parsley and serve.