Total Time: 3 minutes
Preparation Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 - 4 hours (stay in fridge)
- 16oz strawberries, fresh
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 8oz fresh goat cheese
- 1 french baguette
Great and easy recipe to impress friends in no time. Paired great with creamy goat cheese over toasted baguette slices.
- Wash and cut strawberries in halves and cut the stem off
- In a bowl mix vinegar and white sugar and pour over strawberries. Mix lightly until all strawberries are covered.
- Leave bowl in fridge for 1-4 hours so that strawberries get deliciously infused with sugar and get lightly "cooked" by the vinegar (Two hours are pretty good for my taste but it depends on how fresh and big your strawberries are)
- Leave strawberries to reach room temperature for ten minutes
- Serve along with the goat cheese and fresh baguette!
Note: I really enjoy this appetizer (or snack) with Riesling or other sweet/crisp white wine! Enjoy!