Cooking Time: 8-12 min.
- 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of Sweet/ Sour Trahanas
- 8 cups of water or vagetable/chicken stock
- Feta crumbles
- Lemon zest or/and lemon juice
- In a medium pot heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat and add trahanas. Stir until coated with oil, about 1 minute
- Add water or stock and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring often, until trahanas is tender and nutty tasting and the broth slightly thickened
- cook it for 8 to 12 minutes and the mixture will be more like a porridge.
- For additional taste add Feta crumbles and lemon zest or lemon juice